Now that we seem to have a grasp on the stability of the website it has given us time to work on finishing several features for the Platform and Launcher. These are features people have been requesting for a long time so it feels good to finally be able to get them in your hands. The biggest new feature is we added the contribution system to the Platform. This lets you add other users as contributors to your modpack and they will be able to help post status updates, modify settings, upload resources, update versions and so on. It will not let them do any harmful actions such as delete your pack. I will go into further detail about how this system, and the other new platform bits works later in this post. First, let's list what has changed!
- Added the contribution system, which allows users to invite others to help work on a single pack.
- You can now request to transfer your modpack to another user.
- Modpack API URLs have been corrected to point to the new api.technicpack.net.
- A new support system has been setup and is accessible at multiple points throughout the site.
- Added SSO support for the new support system. It will use your current platform account to authenticate.
- Added helpful links to the sidebar on the dashboard and community feeds.
- Added the Technic twitter feed to the sidebar on the dashboard and community feeds.
- You can now change your email and password under Edit Profile.
- Modpacks can now add a website which will be displayed in a similar fashion to the server download link.
- A fancy new error page to replace the "Whoops!" one. Hopefully you never see it!
- The "Add Pack or Search" box will now correctly pick up new packs from API links when the links are to "technicpack.net" without the "www".
- Server packs now have an appropriate tag in the Launcher banner, under the pack title.
- A checkbox has been added to "Launcher Options" which offers users the option to start the launcher in the Modpacks tab.
- Logging out to change users will no longer break a user's access token, which would prevent them from playing SMP until they restarted the launcher.
- Minecraft will now be launched in IPv4 mode. This will stop certain types of malware and security software that target IPV6 traffic from preventing users from playing SMP.
- Solder packs with no valid, visible builds will now be shown as "Offline" in the launcher, as it is not possible to install them.
- Opening the "Modpack Options" dialog for a solder pack with no valid, visible builds will now convey to the user that no builds are available, and not throw an error.
- We now provide better support on certain operating systems for mailto: links in the News tab.
- The Discover tab are now being loaded from the new API hardware. 100% of all launcher services are now being run off the new hardware.
- The Discover tab contents are now cached when loaded successfully. In situations where the API is unavailable, the cached version will be loaded, if possible.
- In cases where the Discover tab cannot be loaded correctly, a fallback page is now shown rather than an ugly white screen.
- The clipboard watcher has been removed entirely. You will now need to manually paste API links into the "Add Pack or Search" box to add new packs.
How to add Contributors to your Modpack
Adding contributors is a very simple process. Simply edit your modpack and click the new Contributors link in the sub-navigation which will bring you to a list of your contributors (which is probably empty!). Type in the contributor your wish to add and hit the Add Contributor button. The platform will try and help you to auto complete your username you are entering.
After adding a user they will be sent an email notifying them they now have contribution access to your modpack. That's it! You can delete a contributor at any time by clicking the delete link next to their name.
How to transfer your modpack to another user
Pack transfer can be found under your modpacks main settings page.
Click transfer ownership and then type in the username your wish to send a request to. The platform will try and assist you in finding the user. Once a request is sent the user will recieve an email notifying them that a pack transfer request has been initiated. They will have to visit your modpacks main page and accept the request to finalize the transfer.
Once accepted the pack will immediately be transfered to the user. That's it! You may cancel a transfer at any time before the user accepts it.
If you have any questions about the new contribution or transfer system feel free to ask in the comments below and we will try to help! Enjoy!