The download won't work! What do I do?
Sometimes our download host maxes out and we need to move the files. If this happens, the pack will not be able to download until we fix it on our end. Just post a comment in the discussions section and we'll fix it as soon as we notice the problem! Please let us know if you know about a better technic host than dropbox! Since copy.com shut down, there aren't many good options left for unlimited free hosting.
The game is lagging! How can I improve performance?
There are a ton of mods in this pack, and also a bunch of performance-improving ones to help out. However, sometimes that isn't enough! If you are experiencing latency or framerate issues, here are a few things you can do:
- Decrease the render distance. It is fairly low by default, but going lower will still help. You could probably go down to 7 without things getting too unplayable.
- Allocate more RAM via the technic launcher. BE CAREFUL! Some people load up as much RAM as they can, which is no good! Just add enough to run the game (2GB should be plenty). Your computer needs some left over to manage other things that will affect your framerate. This is managed through the launcher options (top-right corner button).
- Turn off the Stencil Buffer. This is done in the launcher options also, in the "Video Settings" tab. This may improve performance for some users with older video cards.
- Turn off particle effects.
- Some users may need to disable Advanced OpenGL in the graphic options in-game. This is somewhat rare, but if your graphics card can't handle it, it may help.
- Download FPS+. You can find it here: http://mod-minecraft.net/fps-plus-mod/ , This is untested, but should help. It is not included in the pack, as it requires custom java arguements, which cannot be controlled by the mod pack (set them in the launcher java settings, where you allocate more ram).
- Turn off smooth lighting in the Minecraft video settings.
- Change the texture pack to the default pack. Things will look much less pretty, but a 32x texture pack may be too much for some very low-end machines.
- NOTE: This pack is not compatible with optifine. The included performance mods will offer better optimization for this sort of pack than optifine would, and are incompatable with it. A pack like this has more issues with lag due to server lag (generating structures etc.) than with graphical settings.
Have a question that wasn't answered here? Post it on the discussion page! We'll be sure to answer you!