v1.2 April 2019 Update now available!
Love Tekkit, but wish everything was updated for a much more recent version of Minecraft? Look no further - Tech Kit Reloaded has you covered!
This modpack puts the engineering side of Tekkit firmly at its heart and features many of the mods used in the original Tekkit, updated for v1.12.2. However, unfortunately some of the critical mods found in Tekkit 1.2.9 were never updated for Minecraft 1.12.2. These have been replaced with some very effective, decent alternatives that do the exact same thing (and more in some cases). Check out Industrial Foregoing as an MFR alternative!
Please note that this modpack is not a pure remake of Tekkit, for several reasons:
- There were several mods found in Tekkit that were arguably a bit redundant (e.g. Why have logistics pipes if you can build an AE system?). Therefore these kind of mods have been left out.
- Mods like Mystcraft and Dimensional Doors are not very engineering like, so they've been left out. Tech Kit Reloaded aims to be an engineering style modpack, not a magical one.
- Some mods included in the original Tekkit have since become redundant, due to new features that have recently been added by other mods. For example, more recent versions of Thermal Expansion incorporate dynamos that can now be configured / upgraded to provide ample power for both early and endgame content, giving little reason to include the BigReactors mod for power generation.
- Unfortunately since Tekkit, some mods have been abandoned / not updated for more recent versions of Minecraft (e.g. Minefactory Reloaded), and so are no longer compatible. Therefore where possible, such mods have been replaced with similar alternatives (e.g. Industrial Foregoing).
- No Galacticraft...for now...
- Some mods have been left out to help balance the game. Surely you want at least a bit of a challenge!?
Full mod list:
- AE2 Stuff - v0.7.0.4 (by bdew)
- Applied Energistics 2 - rv6-stable-6 (by algorithmX2)
- BdLib - v220.127.116.11 (by bdew)
- ChickenChunks 1.8+ - v18.104.22.168 (by covers1624)
- CodeChickenLib 1.8+ - v22.214.171.124 (by covers1624)
- CoFH Core - v126.96.36.199 (by TeamCoFH)
- CoFH World - v188.8.131.52 (by TeamCoFH)
- ExtraCells2 - v2.6.2 (by Destroyer7128)
- Forge Multipart CBE - v184.108.40.206 (by Mr_TJP)
- Hwyla - v1.8.26-B41 (by TehNut)
- Industrial Foregoing - v1.12.11-235 (by Buuz135)
- Integration Foregoing - v1.9 (by Jackyy)
- Inventory Tweaks - v1.63 (by Kobata)
- Just Enough Items (JEI) - v220.127.116.118 (by mezz)
- Minecraft Forge - v18.104.22.16868
- Modular Powersuits - v1.0.36 (by MachineMuse)
- MrTJPCore - v22.214.171.124 (by Mr_TJP)
- Nether Foundation - v1.2.0 (by TehSeph)
- Not Enough Items 1.8+ - v126.96.36.199 (by covers1624)
- Numina - v1.0.36 (by MachineMuse)
- Project Red: Base - v188.8.131.52 (by Mr_TJP)
- Project Red: Compat - v184.108.40.206 (by Mr_TJP)
- Project Red: Fabrication - v220.127.116.11 (by Mr_TJP)
- Project Red: Integration - v18.104.22.168 (by Mr_TJP)
- Project Red: Lighting - v22.214.171.124 (by Mr_TJP)
- Project Red: Mechanical - v126.96.36.199 (by Mr_TJP)
- Project Red: World - v188.8.131.52 (by Mr_TJP)
- Reborn Core - v184.108.40.2067 (by modmuss50)
- Redstone Arsenal - v220.127.116.11 (by TeamCoFH)
- Redstone Flux - v18.104.22.168 (by TeamCoFH)
- Shadowfacts' Forgelin - v1.8.2 (by shadowfactsmc)
- Simply Jetpacks 2 - v22.214.171.124 (by Tomson124)
- Steve's Carts Reborn - v126.96.36.199 (by modmuss50)
- Tesla Core Lib - v188.8.131.52 (by Face_of_Cat)
- Thermal Cultivation - v0.3.2.11 (by TeamCoFH)
- Thermal Dynamics - v184.108.40.206 (by TeamCoFH)
- Thermal Expansion - v220.127.116.11 (by TeamCoFH)
- Thermal Foundation - v18.104.22.168 (by TeamCoFH)
- Thermal Innovation - v0.3.2.11 (by TeamCoFH)
- Treecapitator Port - v0.9a (by AstroTibs)
- Xaero's Minimap - v1.16.3 (by Xaero)
NB: If you're new to modded Minecraft, it's strongly recommended that you watch some YouTube tutorials first, for some of the mods in this modpack - else you risk being overwhelmed. I found the tutorial videos by the MindCrafters were extremely useful. In particular, I recommend watching tutorials on Thermal Expansion, Applied Energistics 2, and Industrial Foregoing, as these are the bread and butter of this, and many other tech-based modpacks out there. Bear in mind that mods change over time, so some videos might be quite out-of-date. Anything uploaded within the last year or so should be ok though.
Also check out the TeamCoFH documentation (click here) as it's a really useful resource for the mods by TeamCoFH.