~ TABLE OF CONTENTS ~
- I, Installation and broken download solution; II, Updating the server; III, System requirements; IV, Issue solutions
Installing this pack is very easy; open Technic Launcher if you already have it installed, go to the modpacks tab, in the top left search bar that says "Add Pack or Search" type Tekxit 3, click Tekxit 3 (Official) 1.12.2, click install at the bottom right. You are now done and can play after it finishes installing. If you experience stuttering or issues please go to IV.
- If the modpack fails to download/update you should download it manually from https://www.tekx.it/downloads/x.xxTekxit3.zip. (Change x.xx to the current version number.)
- Tutorial: To manually install/update you must search for Tekxit 3 (Official) 1.12.2 in the launcher and click install if you have not already and wait for the download to fail then click ok, go to Modpacks and click Tekxit 3, then click Modpack Options, then Open, drop the downloaded zip into the Cache folder and then finally rename the zip to tekxit-3-official-1122-x.xx and click install on the launcher. (change xx.x to whatever the version is.)
- Suggestion: Before you do this make a backup of the server just in case.
- To update your server (my way atleast) delete the config, libraries, mods, scripts folders along with the forge and minecraft_server.1.12.2 jars from your servers folder, then copy everything into the updated server folder OR if you know what your doing, you can make individual edits and mod updates using the changelogs.
- Minimum - Probably 64 Bits (If you are able to play with a 32 Bit architecture let me know)
- Recommended - 64 Bits
Java Version (64-Bit):
- Minimum - 1.8.0_171 (OpenJDK may or may not work)
- Recommended - Latest available update (You can get it here click Windows Offline 64-bit)
- Minimum - 3.5GB for 8 chunks (If you stutter every few seconds, lower view distance and restart.)
- Recommended - 4GB for 12 chunks
- Minimum - Most laptop processors (If you have low FPS, lower view distance and restart)
- Recommended - FX series from AMD / Q6600 from Intel or higher probably, Idk maybe a Ryzen or i7 something :P
- Minimum - Most integrated graphics (If you lag, change graphics from Fancy to Fast; If it does not start turn off stencil in Launcher Options)
- Recommended - GeForce GTX / AMD equivalent or better, pretty much any dedicated GPU really.
If the modpack WONT START OR CRASHES OR STUTTERS, check to make sure you meet the minimum requirements to run the modpack, if you do meet the requirements continue with this guide. Open Technic Launcher>click launcher options (top right)>Java settings>make sure your Minecraft Java version is 64-Bit with the version being at least 1.8.0_171 (You can get the latest version here click Windows Offline 64-bit) and your Memory is set to at least 2.5/3GB (or 4GB if your stuttering.) If you are still having issues open launcher>click Tekxit 3>click modpack options>open>delete all folders except saves>return to launcher>reinstall>try playing. There is also a slight chance that your anti-virus is causing the issues, try whitelisting the modpack folder or temporarily disabling it. If your still experiencing issues you can go down to where it says TEXTURE ISSUES and try that solution or contact me (contacts in overview) or if your crashing you can also click modpack options>open>open logs folder>upload fml-client-latest.log and send me a link so I can personally see what the issue is.
- If your experiencing TEXTURE ISSUES and have tried the above solutions it could be due to Java corruption or outdated video card drivers or corrupted install. I would try updating drivers and reinstalling Java, optifine may cause this if configured in a way that screws with the modpack or if it conflicts with another mod such as FoamFix.