You are a poor farmer whom lived within a small village community. Once respected by your community, a harsh winter and a mild summer has left you with a less than adequate farm yield and thus you turn to theft in order to survive. Caught by the locals in this despicable act; you are banished.
Your goal now is to survive; but it isn't easy. You are at the mercy of the weather, the seasons and must eat and drink to ensure your survival. Take shelter wherever you can and if needs must; resort to eating bugs. Work to self-sufficiency and perhaps one day your new home may grow to shelter others.
Harsh Survival and Realism
- No more punching wood; use knapped flint and plant twine to produce primitive flint tools. The early game as you know it is no more.
- Harsh climates. Freeze to death in the Taiga; Dehydrate and die in the Desert. Keeping your temperature balanced is critical.
- Avoiding the cold Taiga and hot Deserts for temperature control? Smart; but temperature cannot be beaten. Water is cold. Caves are cold. Nights are cold. Wrap up Princess.
- Seasons! Living in a mild weathered biome to avoid the aforementioned freezing and dehydration? Winter will sort you out.
- Many basic recipes changed to extend the early game. New cobblestone. No wooden tools. New ore mechanics.
- Primitive technology. No electricity and heavy auto-machinery. Just Windmills, Watermills and basic axles.
- Overhauled combat. Duel Wielding; Shield Bashing; Abilities.. your enemies know the same techniques.
- Collaborate with villagers from other settlements and eventually found your own settlement. (end game)
- Much, much more!
Banished! is a professionally made mod-pack put together by sandbox loving YouTuber; Lord Dan. Countless days have been spent adding, removing, ore-dictionarying (totally a word) and balancing hundreds of recipes. Each mod set up for maximum difficulty via their configs and play tested for performance. The result; an enjoyably challenging but fairly unforgiving survival experience with a splash of herbs and realism, simmered on the stove of mod-pack awesomeness for maximum flavour.
If you would like to follow or engage with me in any way feel free to stalk me via the following platforms.