Table of contents:
- Server download
- Help, contact and credits
Welcome to the landing page of "Beautiful Space". I am David, a front-end developer, who became tired of the ugly look that Tekkit and generally Minecraft has. So I added shaders. This remod aims to provide additional functionality and looks to the existing Tekkit pack. It is based upon the original Tekkit pack, however with a few modifications, such as GLSL shader implementation and ControlPack mod.
Regarding the installation, then Technic apparently will not allow me to add in the configuration file needed for the shaders to run. Since that is the actual purpose, it is pretty crucial. The fix is, however, to download this file and put it in your modpack folder. Or you can manually edit the optionsshaders.txt in your modpack folder to contain "shaderPack=(internal)" instead of "shaderPack=".
Below is a couple of screenshots from in-game:
These are screenshots from down on earth and in flight
.. and when I finally landed.
The shadows add a nice bit of realism.
The server shares the exact same server as the Tekkit main client, so go ahead and download that: Download server version 1.1.10
Minimum specs (this may vary, depending on your gamestyle):
- Intel Core 2 Duo 3GHz or AMD X8 or later generations
- 8GB RAM, preferably 1333MHz, or higher
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or higher
The minimum specs are suggested as of to get a somewhat enjoyable experience. Personally, I have been running this somewhat smoothly on that setup. My current setup, running absolutely smooth, looks like this:
- 8GB dedicated RAM for the Technic platform, this means the modded Minecraft for instance.
- Nvidia GTX 770
- Intel i7 core 3.4GHz
The RAM, however, is the most important part. Then comes your core and then the graphics card, as Java primarely utilizes RAM and subsequantly cores to render Minecraft. Graphic card may be relevant in terms of OpenGL.
!! NOTICE !!
If you have no idea of how to check your computer specs by yourself, this website is useful. Just choose the automatic detection that utilizes Java (which you most likely have, otherwise this entire modpack seems pretty irrelevant, no?):
If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in the discussions section here on this site. I will not be taking any personal requests to either remod, nor mod your own personal Minecraft client.
Credits goes to
- The Tekkit team for creating the original Tekkit client. Without them, I wouldn't have had the incitament, neither the needed resources to add the shaders. This also means all of the people thanked originally in the Tekkit client.
- Chocapic13, the creatore of the shaders
- karyonix for the work of updating daxnitro's GLSL Shaders mod and..
- daxnitro for creating the GLSL Shaders mod to start off with.
- infinitiesloop for creating the ControlPack mod